Tuesday, November 17, 2009

home and away

Okay, so I know I should be writing up the third installment of my HSA reunion experience, but I don't have the pics on my laptop. That's right...laptop. So, instead I will gleefully post this short update on my life from my laptop since I finally got the internet on it at home. Unfortunately it isn't wireless, but I'm not complaining.

Over the weekend we had our third ECD this year. It was great fun, as usual. But, the lack of guys made us girls positively irked. I swear, I am determined to wear a button down shirt and tie to the next dance. Then it will be less confusing for the other girls dancing, including myself. *laughs* Next dance the girls will have their revenge! Mwahahah!

The weekend before that I went down to Oklahoma with a couple of friends to go to the 3rd Annual Naylor Get Together. Another Homeschool Alumni event. I hadn't been before, but I plan on going in coming years. We had a lot of fun. Duh. I am thoroughly convinced no other set of people knows how to have fun like homeschoolers. Played volleyball, had a bonfire, impromptu ECD, and the usual chatter of like minds. The hospitality of the Naylor family was friendly and warm. It was great meeting new people and seeing a couple of friends again.

I recently broke down and signed up with Facebook. Now I'm re-building my HSA friends list on that website. It's fun but a little confusing. Facebook isn't the most straight forward site. Maybe it's just me...

Well, I had better wrap this up. I'm off to change the blog colors to something more Fall like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, Facebook is not the most straight-forward website in the world. I liked it better before some of the recent design changes. Oh, well.

You in a button-down shirt and tie? What's that about?

-Chris

Molly Rose Schaefer said...

ooh, pretty new colors! :-)